Salt Free Water Conditioning Tucson, AZ
Saltless Water Softening System Installation
Get Healthy, Soft Water From Every Faucet Of Your Home Without Replacing Salt
Did you know that we have some of the hardest water found anywhere in the USA right here in Tucson and Southern Arizona? If you’re concerned about the water quality in your Tucson home, Rite Way Heating, Cooling & Plumbing offers high quality filtration systems to all of its residential and commercial customers. We are particularly excited to now have access to Enviro saltless water filters, a radical improvement on the water softening systems most other companies sell.
Introducing… The only DVGW Certified Salt Free Water Conditioner Available in America.
Water softeners typically use salt as a media to remove hard minerals from your water, but unfortunately this old technology comes with a number of disadvantages:
- They require you to regularly replacement of heavy salt bags in order to continue functioning
- The salt causes a slippery feeling on your skin in the bath or shower
- Older units take 3 gallons of water to produce just 1 gallon of drinking water – the rest goes to waste
- Water produced has a slightly acidic pH, which modern medicine agrees can have negative effects on health. Alkaline water is far better for you and your family
What are the advantages of salt free water conditioners?
- More and more homeowners are discovering the benefits of moving to a saltless whole house water filtration system.
- Zero waste water created – it takes 1 gallon of water to make 1 gallon of drinking water, helping both the environment and your water bill.
- Only harmful minerals are removed – the minerals which are essential for heath and hydration remain in the water, providing essential health benefits
- No electricity is required for operation, creating further cost savings
- Because no salt is used, the water will no longer have that strange slippery feeling on your skin
- Calcium and magnesium are removed, reducing scaling on your plumbing, dishes, glasses and shower screen – less scrubbing to get them clean!
- Better tasting water, coffee and tea
- Better quality, alkaline pH drinking water which provides the maximum health benefits for you, your family and your pets
- Removes harmful chlorine from your water – chlorine is great for killing germs in your pool, but not something you want to be drinking on a daily basis
- Save money using less electricity, water and salt refills
Let’s take a look at how the Enviro Salt Free Water Softening products stack up against conventional water softeners:
What is the DVGW Certification, and why is it so important?
The Enviro no salt water filters which we recommend to our customers use NaturSoft® as a media, rather than salt. Not only does NaturSoft® never need replacing, it is the only non-salt media to gain the DVGW 9191 Certification. DVGW is an independent water testing lab based in Germany, which has been testing water quality since 1859 – that’s over 150 years of experience. 80% scale prevention is required for the DVGW Certification, and NaturSoft® has been certified to 99.6% scale prevention. Put simply, if you want to reduce scale in your plumbing and on your dishes, there is no better solution today that the Enviro line of salt free water softening products.
How does the Enviro salt free water conditioner work?
Standard water softeners work by replacing minerals (such as calcium and magnesium which create hard water) with salt -which needs to be regularly replenished. The system needs electricity to pump out the excess salt water the process creates.
The Enviro products use NaturSoft® as a media. It contains calcium carbonate crystals which pull the hard minerals out of the water, using only the motion of the water rather than a pump system, therefore not needing electricity to work.
Water is softened and filtered through 4 stages in the Enviro Whole House Water Filtration System:
- A 5-Micron Pre-filter System – this removes sand, sediment and debris from the water coming into your home at a microscopic level, also reducing wear on your plumbing system
- Granular Activated Carbon Media – water passes through a filter made of high-grade activated carbons made from coconut shell, one of the best purifying agents available. This filters out harmful chemicals such as chlorine, plant pesticides, pharmaceuticals and trace drugs, industrial chemical and many other substances which are unfortunately often found in our modern water supply
- The water passes through a second layer of activated carbons for further filtration
- Copper and zinc oxidation media removes bacteria and algae
To learn more give us a call today for free educational consultation from one of our experts.
What makes the water in Tucson and Southern Arizona so hard?
As you can see from the map below, Tucson sits right at the bottom of a band of very hard water, i.e. a high level of calcium and magnesium in the water. Because our water travels so far, from the Rockies down through Nevada and then through most of Arizona, it tends to absorb a high level of those minerals on its journey.
It’s clear that here in Southern Arizona, we need a whole house water softening system even more than in most other areas of the country.
Although most homes in Tucson can greatly benefit from a saltless water filter, your location and the design of your home mean system recommendations and installation costs can vary. Please give our staff here at Rite Way Heating, Cooling & Plumbing a call today on 520-282-4465 for a free in-home consultation to go over your best options for whole home salt free water softening.