Get Healthy, Soft Water with a Salt-Free Water Softeners
Did you know that we have some of the hardest water found anywhere in the USA right here in Tucson and Southern Arizona? If you’re concerned about the water quality in your Tucson home, Rite Way Heating, Cooling & Plumbing offers high-quality filtration systems to all of its residential and commercial customers. We are particularly excited to now have access to EcoGuard saltless water filters, a radical improvement on the water softening systems most other companies sell.
Why Are People Moving Away From Salt-Based Home Water Softeners?
Water softeners typically use salt as a media to remove hard minerals from your water, but unfortunately, this old technology comes with a number of disadvantages:
- They require you to regularly replacement of heavy salt bags in order to continue functioning
- The salt causes a slippery feeling on your skin in the bath or shower
- Older units take 3 gallons of water to produce just 1 gallon of drinking water – the rest goes to waste
- Water produced has a slightly acidic pH, which modern medicine agrees can have negative effects on health. Alkaline water is far better for you and your family
What are the advantages of saltless water softening systems?
- More and more homeowners are discovering the benefits of moving to a saltless whole house water filtration system.
- Zero wastewater created – it takes 1 gallon of water to make 1 gallon of drinking water, helping both the environment and your water bill.
- Only harmful minerals are removed – the minerals which are essential for heath and hydration remain in the water, providing essential health benefits
- No electricity is required for operation, creating further cost savings
- Because no salt is used, the water will no longer have that uncomfortable slippery feeling on your skin
- Calcium and magnesium are removed, reducing scaling on your plumbing, dishes, glasses and shower screen – less scrubbing to get them clean!
- Better tasting water, coffee and tea
- Better quality, alkaline pH drinking water which provides the maximum health benefits for you, your family and your pets
- Removes harmful chlorine from your water – chlorine is great for killing germs in your pool, but not something you want to be drinking on a daily basis
- Save money using less electricity, water and salt refills
Let’s take a look at how the EcoGuard Salt Free Water Softening products stack up against conventional water softeners:
The EcoGuardTM Water Treatment System is engineered to provide an environmentally conscious solution to home water treatment. Enjoy the benefits of conditioned water without worrying about wasting water or the hassle of adding salt!
- Premium Gradient Style Radial Filtration – Reduces particulates by capturing the largest 50-micron sediments in the outermost layer of filtration and gradually captures the smaller particulates down to 5 microns at the innermost layer of filtration. Radial flow means maximizing the entire 360-degree face of the filter instead of forcing water through a narrow top to bottom style that is prone to reduced pressure.
- Carbon Filter – Incoming water enters a large multiplex carbon system that maximizes contact time essential to the reduction of fluid contaminants that may be found in water. The proprietary brand of EcoGuard medias work together to reduce chlorine, pesticides, and herbicides along with hundreds of other known contaminants.
- Conditioner – The last process involves anti-scale technology to protect your entire home. Engineered in a way that will eliminate trickle water flow problems found in conventional no-salt water treatment. ResinShield technology prevents heavy usage from degrading the quality of the treatment medias. ResinShield media works in both commercial and residential arenas to render calcium and magnesium less damaging.
To learn more give us a call today for free educational consultation from one of our experts.
As you can see from the map below, Tucson sits right at the bottom of a band of very hard water, i.e. a high level of calcium and magnesium in the water. Because our water travels so far, from the Rockies down through Nevada and then through most of Arizona, it tends to absorb a high level of those minerals on its journey.
It’s clear that here in Southern Arizona, we need a whole house water softening system even more than in most other areas of the country.
Although most homes in Tucson can greatly benefit from a saltless water filter, your location and the design of your home mean system recommendations and installation costs can vary. Please give our staff here at Rite Way Heating, Cooling & Plumbing a call today on 520-282-4465 for a free in-home consultation to go over your best options for whole-home salt-free water softening.